Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall in Love with Fall

I know it's a super biddie thing to say, but fall really is my favorite season of the year.  And if you're not already nodding with me, then just hear me out and maybe I can convince you!  Now, obviously fall is the season of pumpkin spice lattes and sweater-leggings combo and football, but those are not the only reasons that make fall so amazing:


One.
Everything is so much prettier in the fall.  And if you're not going fall foliage watching like me (yes, this is a thing), then you're really missing out.  You need to go outside and walk/drive around and admire how beautiful Mother Nature can be.

*Song recommendation: "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall

("After the Rain" by Leonid Afremov *not my picture)


Two.
Apple picking.  Pumpkin picking.  Everything picking.  What's better than wearing flannels and picking your own food?  Also, it's such a perfect chance to rock that New England rugged look.  Plus, you can tell your friends how healthy you are -- I mean, these are all organic, right?  

Oh, and don't forget pies.  And caramel covered apples.  And pumpkin bread.  And basically everything foodgasmic.

Side note: my favorite apples are honey crisps and ginger golds.  You should definitely try them, because they will change your life.

(These are ginger golds!)


Three.
New highlights.  Okay, maybe this is just me, but I always go get my hair done in the beginning of the fall.  It's mostly for self-empowerment -- I literally step out of my hair salon feeling like I can take on anything.  Plus, what's better than going back to school knowing you look just as good as you feel? 

Sorority snaps to self-empowerment!

  
Four.
This brings me to the last and the most important reason why fall is amazing: it's a new start.  It's time for you to go buy a new calendar and get a new wardrobe and set new goals and and try new things.  It's time for you reinvent yourself and start over again.

I mean, even F. Scott Fitzgerald agrees with me on this.  He writes in The Great Gatsby that, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." 

So what are you waiting for?  Go carpe diem! 


PS.  Read this Emily Dickinson  poem and fall in love:

"The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned, 
I'll put a trinket on." 

No comments:

Post a Comment